Tuesday, December 11, 2012

If Your Name is Maria....DON'T READ THIS :)



Awww...isn't she cute??  This picture actually has NOTHING to do with this post.  Just wanted to throw Maria off.  Heh heh. And I wanted a thumbnail photo.  If you are my sister-in-law and you are reading this, I am no longer responsible for you finding out what you are getting for Christmas.  I warned you...

Ok, folks.  It's getting down to the wire, here.  I decided about a week ago that I was changing what I made for Maria.  Problem was that I had already made a gift for her.  I just decided that (cute as it is) what I made for her was just not "right."  As in, the colors were off.  I noticed at Thanksgiving that she was eyeing that bag I had in my shop.  Remember this one?

Messenger Bag
So I decided to make her one of these for her birthday in January, but one that is in colors that she chooses. She told me that she tends to lean towards blue and brown.  And that's what she is going to get.  A blue and brown print messenger bag.  I figured if I was going to make her that bag for her birthday, then I might as well use the same fabric to make her a matching clutch and wallet.  That way she will have a complete set.

I started with the wallet. This is my own design.  I was asked by the Bristol Public Library to do a craft night with teenagers in January.  This is a variation of the project I will be doing with them.  I will probably post a tutorial for this at some point, but not today.

I used burlap for the outside, corduroy for the initial, and the blue/tan floral pattern for the credit card pockets, inside fabric, and trim.  The wallet closes with a magnetic snap.



Considering that I just had a lay-out in my mind and had never made it before, I'm happy with it.  Wallet...check.

Now on to the clutch.
  I had originally made this one:

Cute Clutch

Cute, right?  But not matching.  So this one is for sale in my Etsy shop.  Check it out.  :)

So, I went back and made this one out of matching fabric:


The wallet fits inside perfectly.  I'm very happy with how this one turned out.  The colors are very "Maria". :) 

Here is the inside:



I will show you the messenger bag some time in January when I am done with it.  

DONE!! (with Maria, that is)


PS I used this tutorial to make the clutches: http://fromanigloo.blogspot.com/2010/03/scrappy-clutch.html

No comments:

Post a Comment