Thursday, October 4, 2012

Introducing LittlePunkin'Pie!

A friend asked me a little while ago to design and make some superhero capes for her boys and nieces and nephews for Christmas.  Much to my shock, she offered to PAY me for them!  Me?  Really?   My planning, organizing, love-to-have-a-project brain immediately started thinking about what I could do with that.  At first I was just going to label the capes with my name and email address and hope my friend would pass my name along to her relatives (MORE sewing projects?? Umm...yes, please).  Then it was suggested that I open a shop on Etsy.  Why not? A simple shop under just my name.  Good idea.  Unless you have my name.  Did you know there are about a million Rebecca Smith's in the world?  Go figure.  So that was a no-go.  Well, it just so happened that at the time I was on Etsy opening up shop my 3 year old was pretending to talk on the phone with my mom.  All I heard was "Well, hello punkin' pie!  Are you my little punkin' pie?"  Huh, that's cute.  So there we have it.  The birth of an Etsy shop and my foray into the unknown world of selling the stuff I love to make online.

As a way of getting the word out and keeping friends and family on top of what I am up to, I have decided to start a blog. My amazing, technologically savvy husband has graciously offered to help me set up the look and feel of this site.  If there is something off or wrong about it, I am sure that I pushed the wrong button. :)

So...thanks for visiting and keep an eye out for some awesome (if I do say so myself) stuff from LittlePunkin'Pie!

No comments:

Post a Comment