Monday, August 11, 2014

Getting Ready: 2 Pairs of School-Worthy Pants for My Girl



Last week during a regular late-summer routine, we went through all of the girls clothes and cleaned out everything that was too worn or too small.  At the end of said clean-out, E was left with one pair of pants that fit.

ONE.

Seriously.  How did that happen?  We hit a nice stretch of summery weather and she hit a growth spurt.

E mainly likes to wear leggings under skirts, but she is also starting to like jeans and other pants.  The problem is that she's so skinny she can wear a 3T around the waist, but she needs the 5T for the length.

Usually we end up buying those wonderful jeans/corduroys that have the adjustable waistband.  And she has a few of those in her drawer now.  I was just looking for one or two more pairs of pants to round out the wardrobe when I happened upon some jean and corduroy fabric tucked at the bottom of my fabric stash.

So why not sew some, right? ;)

These two pairs of pants were quick and easy (seriously).  Each pair took about an hour and a half each.

And she loves them both because she was able to choose the fun, colorful fabric for the contrasts.  Win!


First I made these sweet, ruffle-bottomed pants with patch pockets on the back.

The pockets are nice and large, adding a great splash of color!


And who doesn't love some girly ruffles?


Second, I made the corduroys.  


These have not so wide of a leg, pockets hidden in the side seam, a contrasting waistband, and cute folded cuffs in the contrast fabric.


To finish them off, I added some stars around the top of the cuff.  Love those!


I took the time with both of these pants to add tags.  I guess it's about time I started tagging the work that I do - even clothes for the kiddos.  And now I will remember what size I made the clothes!

1 comment:

  1. Very interesting story of yours with your kids on her dress that you design. It is very significant to teagan top which looks so beautiful as well for kids and girls.

    ReplyDelete