Monday, April 1, 2013

Happy Easter!

Well, I'm a day late, but thought I'd post about the girls' dresses anyways.  I really meant to do this BEFORE Easter, but you know how it goes...life gets busy. :)

A couple of months ago I came across this dress pattern at JoAnn Fabrics.  It was on sale for $5.  I just loved the look of the dress with the cap sleeves.  Plus I figure I can make some cute sun dresses or tank tops for the girls out of this, too.


At about the same time, I was given 3 rolls of fabric that had been sitting around begging for use.  This is one of the rolls I was given:

I just love the light pink with the eyelet lace look.  I immediately thought this would make a great overskirt for the dresses I wanted to make.

While on the lookout for the underskirt fabric, I happened upon this king sheet at Savers for $10.



I just love the bright flowers!!  So cute for a little girl's dress!  Plus, it would go well with the lighter pink fabric I already had at home.  After a good wash, this sheet was ready to be made into dresses!


I finished JUST under the wire (I was putting finishing touches on the smaller one Saturday night), but I managed to pull them off!




I decided to throw in a coordinating dress for myself at the last minute.  I had a sheet sitting around that had no fitted sheet to match and hadn't been used in ages.  It happened to coordinate with the king-sized sheet  I used for the girls' dresses.  So I whipped this maxi dress up using 2 sheets. :)



I got the pattern for my dress here: 



So that's about $20 for 3, brand new Easter dresses.  Yay!!




No comments:

Post a Comment