A couple of months ago I came across this dress pattern at JoAnn Fabrics. It was on sale for $5. I just loved the look of the dress with the cap sleeves. Plus I figure I can make some cute sun dresses or tank tops for the girls out of this, too.
At about the same time, I was given 3 rolls of fabric that had been sitting around begging for use. This is one of the rolls I was given:
I just love the light pink with the eyelet lace look. I immediately thought this would make a great overskirt for the dresses I wanted to make.
While on the lookout for the underskirt fabric, I happened upon this king sheet at Savers for $10.
I just love the bright flowers!! So cute for a little girl's dress! Plus, it would go well with the lighter pink fabric I already had at home. After a good wash, this sheet was ready to be made into dresses!
I finished JUST under the wire (I was putting finishing touches on the smaller one Saturday night), but I managed to pull them off!
I decided to throw in a coordinating dress for myself at the last minute. I had a sheet sitting around that had no fitted sheet to match and hadn't been used in ages. It happened to coordinate with the king-sized sheet I used for the girls' dresses. So I whipped this maxi dress up using 2 sheets. :)
I got the pattern for my dress here:
So that's about $20 for 3, brand new Easter dresses. Yay!!